These are questions asked by the mifos x organization in order to get to know us better.
Here it goes:
- When and why did you start coding?
I started coding in October 2013 during my first programming course in the university – Introduction to Programming where we had to write programs in the C programming language. This was my first contact with programming or a programming language.
- Of all the projects, you could have applied to for Google Summer of Code, why Mifos?
I believe it was mainly because I had joined the community at a much earlier date and I felt or believed I had more to offer here where I knew or had an understanding of how things worked than in any other organization.
Also I really like their goal or vision to alleviate poverty in third world countries using code.
- You’ve only been a part of the community for a few weeks now but you all have made such great contributions, what’s been most rewarding for you so far?
The most rewarding for me was when I submitted my first pull request. This was my first ever pull request ever made to an open source project. This gave a sense of I can and prompted me to work harder in the community.
- What is the one thing you’re hoping to learn or take away from your Google Summer of Code internship?
I hope to learn and understand better how to manage and work or contribute on a very large code base
- Most of us on the project have been away from college for a number of years but we all have fond memories – what’s your most memorable experience from university thus far?
My most memorable experience was learning MySQL, PHP and NodeJS all in about 6 hours and building a chat server at the end of the 6hours during an internet programming course with a visiting lecturer.
- Share one fun fact about yourself.
I wish I had started programming in the days when memory was scarce and C was top of the food chain.
- Share something about your local culture that the community and other interns might like to know
It is believed in my community that people understand and agree with you better when beer is present.
- If you could travel to one place in the world where would it be?
- If you could have lunch with anybody (living or deceased) in the world, who would it be? What would you have for lunch?
Kevin Durant. Despite my programming background I also love basketball a lot and I feel Kevin is a humble guy though famous and I would like to be like that.
Please also include a high-res headshot and any links to your relevant social media/online profiles.